This 4-ingredient recipe is an easy way to make colorful vegan popsicles that are tasty and healthy to enjoy! Using tofu adds protein as well as a creamy texture, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well it froze and melted as you eat it similar to a dairy-based popsicle!
I separated half a block of tofu into two batches, one for a matcha flavor and one for strawberry. I used kencko "matcha greens" smoothie powder, which is a tasty and nutritious smoothie made of just dried fruits and veggies, with matcha as well for this flavor. You can use my code "Andrea M" at checkout for $20 off your first order of kencko smoothies!
The kencko matcha greens powder has a hint of sweetness from the fruits in the powder, and the strawberry also adds sweetness, so I didn't taste a need for adding sweetener. You can use plain matcha powder instead of the smoothie powder, but if so, you may want to add a tablespoon or so of liquid sweetener (ie maple syrup, honey) to taste!
You will need a popsicle mold for this recipe, however, if you don't have one, I think you could get creative with some tupperware to make it work!
½ block of tofu (regular, not extra firm or silken)
¼ cup soy milk
1 package of kencko “matcha greens” smoothie powder or other matcha powder
½ cup strawberries
2 tsp vanilla
Optional: 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, honey, or agave to sweeten if desired
1. Divide the tofu in half, and blend half (1/4 of the tofu block) with the matcha powder, milk, and 1 tsp vanilla. Add sweetener to taste if desired.
2. Fill the popsicle molds halfway.
3. Clean out the blender (so the colors don’t mix), then blend the other half of the tofu (1/4 block) with the strawberries and vanilla.
4. Pour the strawberry mixture on top of the matcha mixture in the popsicle mold, and freeze until solid.
5. Remove from the mold (run warm water on the outside of the mold briefly to help release the popsicles), and enjoy!!
Thank you kencko for sponsoring this post. I love drinking your smoothies on the go for a tasty, convenient way to eat more veggies and fruits, and it is even more to fun to use them to create a new healthy recipe!