I made chocolate avocado mousse and it was the stuff of dreams!
It may sound weird, but trust me you don't taste the avocado, it just makes it super rich, creamy, and full of healthy fat. The avocado also makes this recipe vegan by substituting for egg and milk! It's soooo easy and tastes just like regular, delicious chocolate mousse!!
Here’s how to make it:
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup maple syrup (or honey if not making it vegan)
2 tbsp coconut oil (liquid and cooled)
2 tbsp almond milk
1 tbsp smooth nut butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of sea salt (can add more to taste)
1. Scoop the inside out of the avocado and add to a blender or food processor.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend until smooth.
Note: You can also do this by hand if you are ok with having some avocado chunks! I have made this recipe by hand before, and I just recommend mashing the avocado before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add the mixture to a bowl, cover, and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Take this time to go for a walk, pet a dog, ponder life, draw a picture, read a book… whatever makes you happy and will put you in a great mood to enjoy your mousse!
4. Remove from fridge, and enjoy! You can add toppings such as coconut, banana, peanut butter, and nuts as my friend Ella and I did here.
5. If you can resist eating it all at once, you can cover the rest and keep it in the fridge for a day or two!