Happy birthday to me! I got a donut pan as a birthday present, so I celebrated turning 22 by making baked double chocolate donuts covered in almond butter and raspberries and drizzled with chocolate!
Making wishes for this next year!
This was the first time I’ve ever made donuts, and they turned out so good! I’m so excited to bring the donut pan back to school and make more donut (and maybe even bagel!) recipes! So stay tuned for that!
Here is the donut recipe (makes 12 donuts):
¼ cup maple syrup and/or honey (I used half of each)
½ cup melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy free)
1 cup milk of choice
1 cup almond flour
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
About ⅓ cup grated dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a donut pan.
2. Whisk the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients except the grated chocolate. Add the dry to wet ingredients and then add the grated dark chocolate.
4. Use a spoon to pour the batter into the donut pan so it is level with the “hole” in the middle (if it covers this part, your donut will not have a hole).
Before and after baking!
5. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until a toothpick stuck into the donuts comes out clean.
Let cool, then enjoy as is or with toppings!