I threw together this quick and easy salad for lunch, and it was so good! It is full of nutrients from all the different veggies, and the creamy pistachio dressing ties it all together!
I added mixed greens and spinach, cooked beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, and baked turmeric tofu to the salad.
The dressing is made with just yogurt, pistachio butter, a sprinkle of pepper, and splash of lemon juice. It also tastes great as a dip or spread for carrots or other veggies.
I used Kite Hill Greek-Style Plain Unsweetened and Seed and Shell pistachio butter. Seed and Shell is a local Chicago company that makes amazing 1-ingredient (aka just pistachios) pistachio butter that is so flavorful and smooth! To try it for yourself, you can use the code "Barre&Brunch" for 25% off your order!
Here’s how to make this recipe:
For the salad:
1 cup arugula, spinach, and/or mixed greens
1-2 small cooked beets (about ⅓ cup), chopped
Baked turmeric tofu (see below) or your choice of protein
About 1/3 cup tomatoes, sliced in half
About ⅓ cup sliced cucumbers
For the dressing:
¼ c plain plant-based or greek yogurt
2 tbsp pistachio butter
A sprinkle of black pepper
A squeeze of lemon juice
1. Mix together the yogurt, pistachio butter, pepper, and lemon juice in a bowl until evenly combined.
2. Add the salad ingredients together and toss, then pour the dressing on top. Mix the dressing in, or enjoy as is!
Baked Turmeric Tofu Recipe
(Makes 3-4 servings)
1 package extra-firm tofu
About ½ tsp turmeric
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut tofu into 1 - 1.5 in cubes, and toss in a bowl with olive oil, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the cubes of tofu on the sheet so they are spaced out.
3. Bake for 5-10 minutes, then shake the pan to flip the cubes. Bake another 5-10 minutes until the tofu is evenly cooked and starts to get crispy and a bit puffy, then remove and let cool.