Today is National Ice Cream Day, so I wanted to make a tasty frozen treat, and decided to use my popsicle mold! These are super easy to make and I love the colors too! If you don’t have a popsicle mold, you can pour the liquid into ice cube trays or a dish and make ice cream instead!
Note: for the coconut milk or cream, it should be the kind that comes in a can, not a carton that is a “coconut milk beverage” and is mostly water! This will make your popsicles more creamy. You can mix together the creamy part that separates on top with the liquid in the can, so it shouldn’t be super thick. If you have an allergy to coconut, you could also make this with other milk as well!
Makes 5 popsicles
1 - 1.5 c coconut milk or cream
1-2 tbsp lavender
1/3 cup frozen blackberries (fresh would work too)
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add coconut milk to a pot on the stove, stir in the lavender and heat until boiling.
2. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and strain milk to remove the lavender flowers.
3. Blend the lavender-infused milk with blackberries, honey, and vanilla.
3. Pour into popsicle holders (or a glass dish if making ice cream) to fill almost to the top. You can also add some whole blackberries if you can fit that.
4. Add the popsicle sticks, and freeze for a few hours or overnight, until solid.
5. Gently wiggle the popsicles out of the mold, and enjoy with a side of sunshine (with proper sun protection of course)!