This is a fun flavorful twist on a matcha latte, and the lavender and vanilla make it very calming and refreshing! You can enjoy this hot, or pour it over ice for a refreshing energy boost!
I’m excited to be partnering with Lechia to share their healthy and delicious plant milks! They make macadamia and chia & flax milk with no added sugar, that are fortified with calcium and prebiotics.
I tried their unsweetened vanilla macadamia milk in this latte. The combo of lavender and vanilla is wonderful, and the vanilla macadamia milk is perfectly creamy and adds a great flavor to this latte! This can be made hot, or pour it over ice for a refreshing drink.
The volume of the milk will decrease slightly after heating, which is why I recommend starting with about ⅔ cup so that after heating it will be about ½ cup, which is what you need.
I don’t have a full official matcha-making set with a whisk and sifter, but if you do, definitely use that to make your matcha! I just use a little electric frother, which works well for me! Just be sure to combine it evenly in the hot water so that it is all dissolved and no clumps are left. Veggiekins, one of my favorite vegan food and lifestyle bloggers, has a great post on how to make matcha at home if you are interested (here is the link).
Here is how to make this:
Ingredients (serves 1):
About ⅔ cup milk (I used LeChia Unsweetened Vanilla Macadamia milk)
2 tsp culinary dried lavender
¼ cup water
1-2 tsp matcha powder
1 tsp vanilla extract (add if your milk does not have a vanilla flavor, or to amp up the vanilla!)
1-2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
1. Pour the milk and lavender into a pot. Heat on the stove while stirring for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Strain out the lavender flowers, pouring the infused milk into a cup or bowl.
3. Heat ¼ cup of water until hot but not quite boiling.
4. Add 1-2 tsp of matcha powder into the hot water, and whisk until evenly mixed without clumps and the water is slightly frothy.
5. Pour in the lavender-infused milk, vanilla extract, sweetener, and enjoy! If you have a frother, then definitely use that to make some fun foam on top!
Thank you Lechia for sponsoring this post by sending me your milk to try! I loved using the vanilla macadamia milk in this tasty latte recipe!