I haven’t made baked oats for breakfast in a while, and wanted to try a new variation - behold, peanut butter cup blueberry baked oats! I prepared the batter last night so it would be ready to go in the morning - I often do this with baked oats to save time in the morning. I wake up, pop it in the toaster oven, get ready while it’s baking, and then enjoy my warm baked oats! To make this extra special, I added a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter in the middle of the oats - hence, the “peanut butter cup” aspect. Of course, if you have a nut allergy, feel free to use sunbutter instead!
½ cup oats
½ cup oat milk
1 mashed banana
2 tbsp peanut powder (could also use regular nut butter)
1 tsp baking powder
Good dash of cinnamon
Splash of vanilla extract
Spoonful of crunchy peanut butter
Peanuts for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray or oil an oven safe dish.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Pour half the batter into the oven safe dish, a spoonful or two of peanut butter, then pour the rest of the batter on top.
4. Add peanuts to the edges to decorate if you wish. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the top is cooked evenly.
6. Let cool, drizzle with peanut butter and enjoy!
tags: vegan, gluten free, vegetarian