For breakfast today, I made myself a single-serving berry cobbler, inspired by the mixed berry flavor of Pillars Drinkable Yogurt! It was super quick and easy to make, and delicious!! You can use any berries you want - I used frozen strawberries and fresh blueberries and raspberries. The biscuit on top gets perfectly crisp and it’s basically like a mini pie. This breakfast just tastes like summer!
Pillars is a drinkable yogurt brand that I first connected with when I was in Boston (they are based in Boston) and I was excited when they wanted to partner again and that I was able to find them while at home in Minnesota! They have a variety of flavors and are made with simple ingredients, including pre- and pro-biotics, and are great on their own or in recipes! I stocked up at the grocery store yesterday, so I am excited to use their yogurts in recipes and have lots of ideas.
You could use any milk or drinkable yogurt if you don’t have Pillars on hand, and to make this vegan, you can substitute a plant-based milk. This can easily be gluten-free too if you use oat flour, or another gluten-free flour.
For the berry filling:
- About 1/2 cup berries
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
For the dough:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4-5 tsp mixed berry Pillars drinkable yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven (I used a toaster oven since this is a small recipe) to 350 F.
2. Mix the berries with the rest of the filling ingredients in a small ramekin or oven-safe dish.
3. Mix the olive oil, milk/drinkable yogurt, honey/maple syrup, and vanilla and almond extracts in a small bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
5. Add the wet to the dry mixture and mix evenly to form a dough. It will be a bit crumbly, but you should be able to form it into a circle (about ½ inch thick).
6. Place the dough circle over the berry mixture and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the dough is cooked and getting golden brown.
7. Let cool a bit, and enjoy! You can drizzle a bit of the yogurt over the top or add some Greek yogurt or even ice cream!