Peachy keen stuffed French toast!
I made peach and pecan stuffed French toast for my dad today to celebrate Father’s Day! I am leaving to volunteer at a camp for kids with severe skin conditions today, so sadly I will miss being with him on actual Father’s Day. But he loves peaches, so I wanted to make him something special with peaches, and I came up with this idea and it turned out great!
Note: this amount of batter and filling will make 2-3 servings, depending on how "stuffed" you make the bread.
4-6 slices of bread
French Toast Batter
1/4 cup milk
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
Splash of vanilla
Peach Pecan Filling
1 chopped peach
1-2 handfuls (probably about 1/3 cup) crushed pecans
Dash of cinnamon
2-4 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
honey to taste (I added about 2 tbsp)
1. Mix together the batter and pour it into a dish that is about the size of a slice of bread. Ideally the batter should be able to cover the height of two slices of bread so that when you put the "sandwich" in, it is completely covered in batter to soak.
2. Mix together the filling ingredients.
3. Spread some of the filling on one slice, make a sandwich by adding another slice on top, then soak the sandwich in the batter. If the batter doesn't evenly cover both slices, flip the sandwich to soak both sides.
4. Heat a skillet with some butter or cooking oil (I like to use coconut oil for sweet things because it adds a slight flavor) over medium heat. Carefully place the sandwich in the skillet, cover, and cook for a few minutes until done on one side, then flip. When you move and flip, be very steady and careful so the sandwich stays together!
5. Let cool and top with peach slices, pecans, a drizzle of honey, and peach yogurt. I also put peanut butter on mine because I think peanut butter and peaches is a great combo!